Call for papers
LSM is a non-commercial cycle of conferences, round tables and practical workshops based on Libre Software and its uses in an atmosphere that is convivial and noncommercial
Brussels is a multilingual city, so three languages will be used during talks: English, French, and Dutch. English will be encouraged for technical talks.
Talks and workshops will be run in concurrent sessions. For this 14th edition, there will be nine main topics, some of which encompass several subtopics:
- Freedom in Society
- Legal aspects
- Freedom Box
- Free Culture and Arts
- Free Culture and Arts
- Free Gaming World
- Media, Radio, Television and Graphics
- Media, radio, television
- Companies and Free Software
- Free Software's Economic Environment
- Open Hardware, DIY, 3D printing ...
- Science, Teaching, Training
- Imaging and visualization of medical data
- Accessibility, autonomy and dependency management
- Information systems in physicians' offices and hospitals
- Open data
- Free mapping with OpenStreetMap
- Citizen participation and data reuse
- Technical Topics
- System Administration
- Software Development
- Embedded Systems and Libre Materials
- Operating Systems
For your convenience our programme matrix has four main cross-cutting issues that may transcend themes:
- Everyday Freedom
- Societal issues
- Open data
Each talk or workshop will address one or more specific audience type(s):
- Decision makers
- The deadline for submissions is pushed forward until April 14th, 2013.
Terms of participation in conferences and workshops
- Languages: English (preferred), French, Dutch.
- Duration: slots of 20 minutes which can be combined, most frequent duration is 40 minutes.
- Your submissions: You can submit your proposals for conferences and workshops on the appropriate topic before the deadline of April 14th, 2013.
- Equipment at your disposal for conferences and workshops : a video projector, power outlets (220V) and Internet access (Wi-Fi).
- Topic for which you submit your proposal.
- Title, in your language, in English / French and if possible in Dutch.
- Please assign your submission to any appropriate selections of our four cross-cutting themes.
- Select also the kind of audience you target with your submission
- A summary of your submission in your language and in English/French to help us evaluate your submission content
- A biography of the author in your language and in English/French to help us evaluate the experience of the speaker in the topic area
Digital archiving of the presentation on our Website
- Digital versions of presentations and other useful materials are requested for publication online. They will build up archives useful to the entire community. The format of these documents must be in an open format and content under a free license.
- Please specify the kind of free licenses you want to use for these documents.
- Talks will be recorded during the event and later be put online for RMLL archives. Tell us if you consent to this recording.
- If you are OK with the recording of your talk, please tell us the kind of free licenses you want us to use when we put your video online.
Travel assistance for speakers
- Transportation: speakers (or their partners) are normally to bear the cost of their transportation. However, in certain specific cases and within its budget, the LSM can reimburse some speakers. Note: Our budget being limited, the LSM will favor people with limited income and without alternative solutions.
- Accommodations: Lodging in Brussels is not included in your entrance fee. However we can suggest lodging options for all budgets, as has traditionally been done in past years.